Packing can be time consuming and stressful – two things none of us need.
I’ve put together a list of five tips to have you packing like a pro so you can get out of the house and start your vacation stress-free!
1. Make a packing list: This is one of the easiest things you can do, but something people often skip. I keep an extensive packing list document saved on my computer that has several constant sections (i.e. clothes, toiletries, etc.) and sections for special scenarios (i.e. beach or hiking). When it’s time for a trip, I open it up, cross off non-relevant items and I’m ready to get packing.
2. Roll your clothes and use your shoes: You’ve heard it before and I’ll say it again, rolling your clothes is much more efficient than folding. You can cram a lot more into your suitcase and it helps reduce wrinkles. Don’t forget, the insides of your shoes are a perfect place to stuff socks, or keep delicate items like a perfume bottle.
3. Keep a separate set of toiletries: Don’t let your toiletries add to the hassle of packing. Instead of packing and unpacking your whole bathroom every time you travel, put together a set of toiletries specifically for traveling for a grab-n-go solution.
4. Pack a pillowcase for dirty clothes: Let’s face it, we all overpack, which means at the end of a trip, we’re usually left with some clean clothes. Pack a pillowcase so you can easily separate your cleans from your dirties and avoid unnecessary loads of laundry when you get home.
5. Add a dryer sheet: There’s nothing worse than opening your suitcase after traveling all day and getting a big whiff of stink. When you’re just about done packing, toss a dryer sheet on top to keep your suitcase–and everything in it–smelling fresh.
Any other pro packing tips you live by?